Cannabidiol (CBD) is a substance that comes from the flowers of the cannabis plant. Often times, it is confused with the substance Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). One of the big differences is that CBD does not have the psychedelic effects of THC that is known to make people feel “high”. It does, however, have plenty of other health benefits that people might want to know about. Here are the best things you should know about CBD Oil Benefits.
15 Benefits of CBD Oil
- 1 15 Benefits of CBD Oil
- 1.1 Reduces Pain
- 1.2 Reduces Anxiety
- 1.3 Reduces Nausea
- 1.4 Increases Appetite
- 1.5 Assists with Insomnia
- 1.6 Relaxes Muscles
- 1.7 Reduces Acne
- 1.8 Contributes to Heart Health
- 1.9 Reduces Risk of Diabetes
- 1.10 Protects Brain Cells
- 1.11 Assist with Substance Abuse Treatment
- 1.12 Reduces Cholesterol Levels
- 1.13 Reduces the Risk of Cancer
- 1.14 Assist with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- 1.15 Reduce Seizures
- People have used cannabidiol for pain management since ancient times. It is perfect for chronic mild conditions, but it won’t be effective for extreme pain. After surgery, it can also be used instead of more dangerous opioid options.
- Stress is a very real problem in our world. Stress can cause serious health problems and affect us emotionally. One of the best things you should know about CBD is that it is a great way to help you relax after a stressful day.
- People with weak stomachs or those who are going through chemotherapy have found great health benefits related to their digestive system when they use cannabidiol.
- Many people associate cannabis with the “munchies”. While it’s not quite the same as using THC recreationally, cannabidiol will also increase the user’s appetite. This is once again helpful for people going through chemotherapy. It’s also helpful for people with anorexia.
Assists with Insomnia
- Stress can keep people up at night. If you don’t get the sleep you need, it can affect your performance at work and your relationships with your friends and family. Since cannabidiol helps people relax, it can also help people whose insomnia derives from stress.
- Do you find yourself shaking your leg throughout the day? Or do you have a condition that causes your muscles to spasm involuntarily? Cannabidiol will relax your muscles, causing these actions to happen less.
- Almost every teen goes through a phase where they have a problem with acne. It’s embarrassing, and it can make you want to put your face in a paper bag. When this doesn’t go away as you get older, it can be a serious problem. Cannabidiol has anti-inflammatory properties that can help control the situation. It can also stop secreting certain oils that produce acne.
Since cannabidiol also helps stop skin cells from reproducing excessively, it can also help with psoriasis.
Contributes to Heart Health
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in adults today. In a recent study, cannabidiol has been shown to effectively reduce the resting heart rate of the people being tested. High blood pressure can lead to heart disease, stroke, and a number of other life-threatening conditions.
Reduces Risk of Diabetes
- Diabetes is a serious problem in our country. With the sugar we consume every day, it’s no surprise that more and more cases are diagnosed every single day. One of the main causes of diabetes is high blood sugar levels. Cannabidiol can help control these levels. It can even help relieve the symptoms of people already living with the disease.
Protects Brain Cells
- THC has a reputation for making people less than intelligent. Cannabidiol actually has quite the opposite effect, especially when it comes to long term cognitive health. As we get older, our brains, like every other part of our body, starts to deteriorate. This can lead to dementia and Alzheimer’s. The anti-inflammatory properties of cannabidiol, as well as its ability to protect brain cells, can hinder both diseases from developing.
Assist with Substance Abuse Treatment
- Many people believe that THC and related substances are a gateway to other drugs, but the truth is quite the opposite. Cannabidiol can actually be used when an addict is experiencing cravings to stop them from using other more dangerous drugs.
Reduces Cholesterol Levels
- There is good cholesterol and bad cholesterol. Cannabidiol contributes to high good cholesterol levels. There’s also evidence that it can prevent arteries from getting clogged.
Reduces the Risk of Cancer
- Cancer has devastated numerous lives. We do not have a cure yet. However, we have found ways to help manage it and help people live with the disease as comfortably as possible.
As mentioned earlier, cannabidiol is extremely effective in helping people going through chemotherapy manage nausea and increase their appetite. That’s not the only way it can help, though.
Studies show that cannabidiol can actually slow the rate of tumors growing. It has shown to be especially effective with brain, breast, colon, lung, and prostate cancer. As opposed to other medications, it will not hurt any healthy cells.
Assist with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- IBD is an extremely embarrassing disease that affects a person’s digestive system in negative ways, such as diarrhea. People who suffer from the disease are happy to find relief. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it offers that relief. While most studies have been done on animals at this point, there are chances that cannabidiol can reduce inflammation right away in the cell itself.
- People with epilepsy have multiple seizures– sometimes on the same day. This is due to neurological problems. There is medication to help stop these seizures, but some people are resistant to that medication. Cannabidiol’s positive effect on the brain and cognitive functions help reduce the number of seizures.
Cannabidiol is all natural, helping you eliminate synthetic products in your system. When you know what you put into your body, it can help contribute to your overall health. This natural substance has been growing in popularity because of the amazing benefits to the human body. Remember to separate the substance from its notorious cousin THC. Cannabidiol does not have any psychedelic properties, so you will be able to go about your day as normal. You can use it in a cream form, oil, or a tablet. Whatever form works for you, it’s time to learn how good it can make your body feel.