The introduction of CBD oil to marijuana users came as a surprise. Many doubted if it would be useful, but CBD oil proved them wrong. The low THC and high cannabidiol oil boast of having all the positive benefits of marijuana. That is; it can manage anxiety, relief one from pain and inflammation and even treat anxiety without giving the user the psychoactive effects of marijuana.
But, is CBD oil legal in Texas?
- 1 But, is CBD oil legal in Texas?
- 2 What Does the Texas Cannabis Law Say?
- 3 What is the Legal Status of CBD Oil in Texas?
- 4 What are the Penalties If Found in Possession of CBD Oil with THC?
- 5 Where to Purchase CBD oil in Texas?
- 6 Factors to Consider When Purchasing CBD Oil in Texas?
- 7 Are CBD gummies legal in Texas?
- 8 Final Thoughts
- Do most Texas residents usually question the legality of CBD oil in Texas? This is because there is a lot of misleading information that is spread on the internet regarding this topic.
- As a result, it can leave you confused not knowing which information to trust. If this has always been a burning question for you, this article will answer all of your queries.
What Does the Texas Cannabis Law Say?
- At first, the cultivation of hemp was considered illegal in the United States. Back in 2009, the federal laws regarding industrial hemp cultivation were repealed, and it prohibited one from doing so. Fortunately, later in 2017, industrial hemp was relieved from the Controlled Substance Act. This was a big win for CBD oil users.
- What the law says is that, as long as the product derived from hemp contains not more than 0.3% of THC, then it’s legal. This is why CBD oil has increased in popularity.
- As at today, CBD oil is being distributed not only Texas but also other states that have legalized use of medical marijuana.
What is the Legal Status of CBD Oil in Texas?
- One thing that you need to note is that marijuana as a drug has faced a lot of opposition from the legal sector. It’s a wonder how the legal system is unable to see the benefits it can offer.
- CBD oil is legal in Texas provided you meet some set of qualifications that are governed by the Compassionate Use Act that was set in 20175
- In Texas, only medical marijuana is legal. Recreational use of cannabis is considered to be a crime.
- Using low-THC CBD is considered to be legal. For you to use CBD oil, you must be diagnosed with a medical condition that can be treated by marijuana.
- You will then be added to the Compassionate Use registry. The act considered it illegal for a doctor to prescribe the use of medical CBD oil. Instead, he/she should recommend it to you.
Another requirement for you to be allowed to use CBD oil is only
- if you had tried out, 2 FDA approved drugs, and they were unable to help treat your condition.
- And you should also seek approval from two medical marijuana doctors.
The above, are the qualifications that will enable you to use CBD oil legally. Failure to meet them then if you are found in possession of CBD oil that contains any amount of THC you will be charged.
What are the Penalties If Found in Possession of CBD Oil with THC?
- In Texas, if you are an unauthorized consumer and you are caught with CBD oil that contains an amount of THC.
- You should expect to be charged with a Class B misdemeanor. The penalty of such a crime entails a jail term of not exceeding six months or a fine of up to $2000.
- As a Texas resident, avoid as much as possible using CBD oil with THC content because it can land you in trouble with the law enforcement officers. Make sure that you legally acquire permission to use it.
Where to Purchase CBD oil in Texas?
- In Texas, there are a couple of licensed dispensaries that can sell you good CBD oil. Moreover, you can find CBD oil in a couple of stores. But, in the world of CBD, you need to be extra careful.
- There are a lot of scammers out there who are targeting innocent people who want to benefit from using CBD oil. As a result, you may buy CBD oil that hasn’t undergone accurate testing.
It’s advisable that you do some research and find yourself a suitable online CBD oil vendor.
- E-Commerce sites are an excellent place for you to shop CBD oils because there you can read client reviews and you can easily identify a genuine seller from a dubious one.
Here are some places where you can buy quality CBD oil in Texas:
• Burn Smoke shop which is located at 10218 Westheimer Rd.
• VapeRX in 6720 Chimney Rock Rd.
• Austin Vape and Smoke located in 4256 West Gate Blvd.
• Retro Revolution in 5429 Greenville Avenue.
For Texans who prefer buying their CBD oil from eCommerce sites,
Here are some great online stores you should check out:
Factors to Consider When Purchasing CBD Oil in Texas?
- When purchasing CBD oil, you also need to be a bit careful to avoid falling on the wrong side of the law. Purchasing CBD oil that is made from mature stalks of the marijuana sativa plant will ensure you stay by the Texas federal laws.
- In other words, you should stay clear of all CBD oil products that are labeled showing the presence of THC. Stick to only industrial and mature hemp.
- Moreover, due to this confusion regarding the legal status of CBD oil, you need to be extra keen when buying CBD oil. As at today, there are hundreds of CBD oil sellers.
- And there have been cases where some vendors sold CBD oil which contained 20% less CBD than they had indicated on the label. This, therefore, calls for the need to be vigilant because your medical condition greatly relies on it.
- And, some were discovered to contain a trace of THC. Purchasing such can unknowingly put you on the wrong side of the Texas federal laws.
Are CBD gummies legal in Texas?
- The state of Texas is very determined about the fight against the use of marijuana for recreational purposes. The THC is responsible for giving users the “high” feeling and thus the terms of the federal law this as drug abuse.
- But, are CBD gummies legal in Texas? It all depends on the THC content.
- In states like California, CBD gummies mostly contain some amount of THC because it’s legal there. But this is not the case in Texas.
- Here, if you intend on using CBD edibles, you should be approved to do so, and the gummies should not contain more than 0.3% of THC.
In summary, we can conclude that federal laws in Texas are quite strict regarding the use of marijuana.
- Despite the fact they have allowed people to use medical marijuana to some extent, the laws are still tight. However, the future of CBD oil is quite bright. Hopefully, in a couple few months or years the legal conditions might loosen up a bit, and you can enjoy all the benefits of CBD oil.
- But in the meantime, make sure that you stick to CBD oil that is free from THC at all times. If you are a Texas resident and want to enjoy the benefits of CBD oil, make sure that you acquire approval for medical marijuana use and find yourself a reputable vendor.