Kratom is a tropical evergreen herbal plant. It is scientifically known as Mitragyna Speciosa. It was discovered and given its first name by a Dutch settler known as Pieter Korthals in the early 19th century in Thailand. George Darby Haviland gave the plant its current name and classification. Kratom is indigenous to Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, and Papua in New Guinea.
Description Of Kratom
- 1 What Are The Health Benefits Of Kratom?
- 2 2. Analgesia
- 3 3. Elevation Of Mood
- 4 4. Opiate Withdrawal
- 5 5. Anxiolytic Action
- 6 6. Enhancement Of Cognitive Performance
- 7 7. Improvement Of Focus
- 8 8. Relief From Depression And Stress Disorders
- 9 9. Improvement Of Sleeping Pattern
- 10 10. Anticonvulsant Effect
- 11 11. Anti-diarrheal Action
- 12 12. Anti-inflammatory Action
- 13 13. Anti-oxidant Action
- 14 14. Relief From Fatigue
- 15 15. Sexual Stimulant
- 16 16. Kratom Weight Loss
- 17 17. Increased Motivational Levels
- 18 18. Hypertension Relief
- 19 19. Diabetes Treatment
- 20 20. Energy Booster
Kratom tree grows to a height of up to 25m. Its trunk expands to a width of 0.9m. It is usually straight with a smooth grey outer bark. Its dark green leaves can grow to between 14 to 20cm long and 7 to 12cm wide. The leaves portray an ovate-acuminate shape when open and reflect an opposite growth pattern with 12 to 17 pairs of veins. Flowers appear in clusters of three at the tip of each branch.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Kratom?
1. Stimulant Action
Maeng Da strain of kratom helps in pain relief and stimulation. It is widely known as the most effective strain of kratom compared to other strains. The strain contains a high content of Mitragynine, 7-hydroxymitragynine, and mitraphylline compared to different varieties. One must consume at least 4grams of Maeng Da to yield positive results. New consumers are advised to consume less than 2 grams.
• It makes one feel more alert, vigilant and awake hence increasing productivity.
• It elevates enthusiasm and joy.
• It transforms the mental drive and state of a person.
Consuming more than 10 grams of the strain causes drowsiness, relaxation, and pain relief. Consumption of the fresh Maeng Da powder ensures maximum absorption of its chemical contents known as alkaloids. People are advised to initiate consumption through small doses for adaption.
Green Malaysian strain has long-lasting health benefits that are related to analgesia. The most common alkaloid in this strain is mitragynine.
• It is useful in relieving chronic pain.
• It is used in the treatment of osteoporosis and migraine.
• It helps in increasing blood flow to the brain and numbing pain receptors. This helps to reduce an individual’s awareness and reaction towards pain.
The typical dosage of green Malaysian strain ranges from 2 to 6 grams. It can also consume according to the weight of individuals. For example;
I. Less than 70 kg or 150 pounds – 2 to 3 grams per day.
II. 150 to 200 pounds – 3 to 4 grams per day
III. Above 200 pounds – at least 5 grams per day.
The effect takes slightly longer to be felt and depends on the amount of dosage. A more relaxed and calming effect is perceived as one increases the dosage.
3. Elevation Of Mood
White Vein Borneo strain of kratom is useful in various ways.
• It contributes to re-energizing especially to people who work for long hours in strenuous tasks.
• It has a stimulating effect that causes mental vigilance and alertness.
• It amplifies endurance, motivation and a positive mood.
• It helps in relieving one from stress and pain. Consumption of 2 to 6 grams of Bali strain may also stimulate a confident and happy mood. 1 to 4 grams of Thai and Malay strains is also sufficient for this purpose. The dosage of white Vein Borneo strain is recommended according to the intended purpose of use. For example;
I. For mental vigilance and re-energizing – 3 to 6 grams per day.
II. For stress and pain relief – 7 to 9 grams daily.
4. Opiate Withdrawal
Red Indo strain enhances pain relief that results from opiate withdrawal symptoms. It also induces sedation and makes it more desirable for opiate withdrawal. The recommended dosage for significant health results is 9-10 grams daily. It also reduces the cravings of a person and returns a normal appetite. Other useful strains for this purpose include;
- Bali red vein
- red vein powder
- Maeng Da
- Green Thai powder
- Green Malay
5. Anxiolytic Action
Red Borneo strain relieves one from anxiety disorders such as panic, insomnia, tension, uneasiness causing sweating of hands, nausea, and vomiting. Beginners are recommended to start with a mild dosage of 2 grams. They can later increase the dosage per their needs and the effects. An intake of 7 to 12 grams yields incredible results to those who have adopted the strain.
6. Enhancement Of Cognitive Performance
Microsomal enzymes metabolize kratom in the liver into Mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine alkaloids. These alkaloids act on the opiate receptors in the brain. Mitragynine acts on the delta receptors while 7-hydroxymitragynine acts on the mu receptors. The opioid receptors are solely responsible for enhancing an individual’s cognitive ability. The principal strains that facilitate this function are the white vein Borneo and Maeng Da. The recommended intake should be 3 to 6 grams of white Borneo and 4 grams of Maeng Da daily.
7. Improvement Of Focus
8. Relief From Depression And Stress Disorders
9. Improvement Of Sleeping Pattern
10. Anticonvulsant Effect
11. Anti-diarrheal Action
12. Anti-inflammatory Action
13. Anti-oxidant Action
14. Relief From Fatigue
15. Sexual Stimulant
17. Increased Motivational Levels
II. Green Malay – intake of 1 to 3 grams
III. Red Borneo- intake of 2 to 2.5 grams
IV. Red Vein Sumatra- dosage of 1 to 2 grams
V. White vein Thai- dosage of 2 to 3 grams
18. Hypertension Relief
19. Diabetes Treatment
20. Energy Booster
• Increasing metabolic processes and hormonal level